Medical Review Officer
About the MRO
Physician review of drug test chain of custody procedures and test results. Federal guidelines require certification. Fleet Screen MRO’s are certified by the American Association of Medical Review Officers (AAMRO). In additional to federal requirements, several states require MRO review of positive test results prior to reporting to the employer.
Duties of an MRO:
- Review chain of custody forms for accuracy and completeness.
- Consultation with employee/applicants who test positive to determine if prescription drugs or relevant biomedical factors have caused a laboratory positive test.
- Consultation with laboratory certifying scientists and Adjudication of Non-negative tests.
Access to a vast network of official databases to verify:
- Education, employment, licensing & credentials
- Address, social security
- Criminal and predatory offenses
- Driving record
Our STATE-OF-THE-ART drug and alcohol testing services include:
- Lab-based drug testing for applicant screening
- Point of collection testing (POCT) for rapid results
- Random selection to deter on-the-job drug abuse