Medical Review Officer
About the MRO
Physician review of drug test chain of custody procedures and test results. Federal guidelines require certification. DISA MRO’s are certified by the American Association of Medical Review Officers (AAMRO). In additional to federal requirements, several states require MRO review of positive test results prior to reporting to the employer.
Duties of an MRO:
- Review chain of custody forms for accuracy and completeness.
- Consultation with employee/applicants who test positive to determine if prescription drugs or relevant biomedical factors have caused a laboratory positive test.
- Consultation with laboratory certifying scientists and Adjudication of Non-negative tests.
Social Security Verification
Making sure names and SSNs on the W-2 match is important because unmatched records can result in additional processing costs for you and unaccredited earnings for your employees.
Access to a vast network of official databases to verify:
- Education, employment, licensing & credentials
- Address, social security
- Criminal and predatory offenses
- Driving record